Saturday 1 October 2016

October TBR and September Wrap Up

Happy October 1st everyone!
October is by far my favourite month of the year. Cold, sharp mornings; layers of clothes, gloves and scarves; cripys leaves and foggy days. Bring it on.
And of course we can't forget.. HALLOWEEN! In England we really don't celebrate halloween as much as we should. It IS celebrated but it's rare to see a house completely decorated for the occasion. Or perhaps I'm just living in the wrong area. But it still gives that spooky feel to the whole of October which I love. So of course some of my TBR for this month is going to be some spooky-ish books!
Here is what I hope to read this month



The Haunting of Hill House. After reading We Have Always Lived in the Castle in September I definitely feel like I ineed to read all of Shirley Jackson's books and this is next on the list


Bird Box by Josh Malerman I saw this on ChapterStackss youtube being recommended as an October read and then I found it in a pound shop (dollar store) so I had to pick it up! I've started it and I love it so far!

Disappearance at Devils Rock by Paul Tremblay This book was recommended as something to read after watching Stranger Things and I'm very excited to start this book

Miss Peregrine book #2 by Ransom Riggs I actually started this book back in August but I was hitting a weird slump back then so I intend to finish this one and start the third one next month

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. I can't remember where I saw this recommended- it might have been Chapterstackss again as I do rely on her for spooky/horror-esque books and it sounds very interesting, has a great reviews, I'm all over it

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin and again I think another that I found from Chapterstackss LOL and agains sounds very interesting and has great reviews


September Wrap Up
I didn't get through too many books in September. I say it's been a slump since August but really it hasn't been, I just didn't fancy reading much if I'm honest! But I was very happy with the books I did read
Image result for everything everything nicola yoon
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon.
 I really enjoyed this book- very light and fluffy YA book. I'll be posting a review of that up soon

Image result for can i let you go cathy glass
Can I Let You Go by Cathy Glass
.
Big Cathy Glass fan although sometimes some of her stories are quite harrowing and very sad but this one wasn't quite so and  I reviewed that right here


Image result for penpal by dathan auerbach
Penpal by Dathan Auerbach.
Recommended to me by a friend who loved it, I freaking loved this book. Review will be up soon. Very good book to watch for spooky vibes!

1 comment:

  1. So many lovely books!! As you know, I really enjoyed Penpal and Cathy's new book!
    I really need to start the MRs P series at some point :) xx

    ReplyDelete